Friday, April 29, 2011

Train ride to Nürnberg!

I am happy to report that I have arrived safely in Nürnberg with my ethics and medicine class. The train ride was absolutely spectacular. The German countryside was filled with old towns, churches, castles, and FLOWERS! We also had a lovely dinner at a traditional Bavarian restaurant.

In other news, Kate Middleton has the most epic wedding dress of all time, the euro dollar exchange rate is 1.48 (woah!), and the British wear funny hats.

The German word of the day today is, in honor of being in Nürnberg and writing my EU paper on war crimes in former Yugoslavia, der  Internationale Gerichtshof, which means international criminal court. Vincent taught me this word when I was trying to explain the current political situation in Croatia to him in German. Oy! That was a challenge.

The photo of the day today is of Dr. Regina Casper in Croatia (Molly is also in the background!). Dr. Casper is absolutely my favorite professor here. She cares about her students more than any other professor I have ever met. She is the person who organized this trip to Nürnberg for us and took us to Saachsen hausen, the concentration camp. She is a visiting professor from the Stanford Medical School, and is only here for a quarter like us. Her husband is also a professor at Stanford, and he was a guest lecturer in one of my IR classes back on campus. Not to mention he was also President of Stanford at one point. Crazy smart awesome power couple. I want that someday. :-P

1 comment:

  1. I just Googled Professor Casper, and this was one of the first images that came up. It basically embodies everything I love about her - her purpleness, her awesome hairstyle, and her life zestiness. And what do you know, I'm in the background! Thanks for capturing this awesome moment! :)

    ReplyDelete